- What kind of projects are eligible?
- Fundraising projects that do not tie back to the mission of Georgia State, are not an officially sponsored student activity and do not directly impact Georgia State University students, faculty or programs will not be considered.
- How do I know if my project requires a faculty or staff advisor?
- All projects require a faculty or staff advisor.
- What if I’m a faculty or staff member who is interested?
- If you are interested in crowdfunding as a faculty or staff member, you must inform the Development Officer for your area.
- You will also need a group of student ambassadors with a vested interest in the project.
- When are applications due?
- Applications will be reviewed by the Annual Programs team on a rolling basis and are evaluated as they are received.
- What if I get deferred?
- If you get deferred the committee will make recommendations for you to resubmit for the next semester. If you get deferred it is not a guarantee that you will be accepted the next semester.
- Where can I see current campaigns?
- You can see current campaigns at https://impact.gsu.edu.
- Does my crowdfunding gift count toward Georgia State University’s Annual Fund?
- Yes. Your support of projects through the Crowdfunding platform at Georgia State University is an essential component of our Annual Fund at Georgia State University.
- Is my gift tax-deductible?
- Yes. GSU qualifies as a 501c3 organization, so all philanthropic contributions to the institution are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
- Will I receive a receipt for my contribution?
- Yes. You will receive a receipt for your contribution shortly after you make your gift.
- What if the project I supported doesn’t reach its funding goal?
- All projects receive any gifts made in support of the project, whether or not they reach their funding goal.
- Who should I contact with questions about my contribution?
- All questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When will my credit card be charged?
- Your credit card is charged immediately upon making your gift on the site.
- Where does my contribution go?
- All gifts to Georgia State University projects are directed to the fund indicated on the online giving form. 100% of your gift will benefit the program you designate for support.